Thursday, September 18, 2008

Communication is Key

Yesterday was the fourth day without internet access and although I knew that I depended on email quite a bit, I am now acutely aware of it since I did not have it. I came in to work yesterday thinking “I can’t do anything without internet access”, and while things were running much slower than normal, things are at least still moving. One thing I did much more of yesterday is making phone calls – to vendors, partners, freelancers and clients. So many of these people I email on a daily or weekly basis and rarely “talk” to them. It was actually nice – and my clients really enjoyed “hearing” from their agency.

Communication is so key to our business whether through email, phone, fax or face to face. The more we know about what is going on with our clients (new hires, new products, new competition, sales increases/decreases, upcoming sales, changes in business processes, etc) the better we can do our job which is to help you communicate and connect with your target audience. Sure, we have clients that are so busy they can only “chat” once a month, but the clients we communicate with more regularly, seem to reap the benefits of Tarte Advertising much more wholly.

While actually picking up the phone and dialing a number may be becoming slightly “ancient”, I do believe it is something people enjoy and find important every once in a while and I am going to make it a point to do more often.

No comments: